Thursday 13 November 2008

200th post

Hard to believe but this really is my 200th blog entry. If you consider that I launched this blog back in September 2006, 200 posts begins to sound somewhat less impressive. However, apart from a few prolific moments now and then, I've really never been one of those professional bloggers who feel inadequate if they don't blog at least once a day. The reason I started the blog in the first place was to amuse myself, provide my family back home with some news, and keep an archive of daily life. If I inadvertently amused other people in the process, then so much the better.

If I ever stopped enjoying writing my blog, then I'd pack it in immediately. Thankfully, this isn't the case yet, although some of you may have noticed my other blog about German wine which I tentatively started, then scrapped, and then started again. My intention recently has been to devote more energies to the wine blog, though I've been suffering from writer's block recently - plus I haven't been tasting too much wine either. Maybe I'll get a second wind though, as it were.

Over the past 12 months, I've undergone a number of upheavals in my professional life. At the end of 2007 I turned freelance and began working from home. However, by the end of August, I was getting tired of working from home and the isolation was sending me potty. So I then decided to rejoin the company I worked for from 2000 to 2006. Not the most original of choices, but hopefully familiarity will not breed contempt this time.

No comments: