Saturday 14 June 2008

Well, well, well... What a couple of matches we saw yesterday evening. First Romania hold Italy to a 1-1 draw in a highly entertaining encounter in Zurich, then the Dutch crush the French 4-1. We now have the potentially hilarious situation of France and Italy both going out should Romania beat the Dutch in their final match. Holland have already won the group, so it's not as if they have to try against the Romanians.

Incidentally, a Portuguese camera crew interviewed me on the Mittlere Brücke yesterday as I was on my way to watch the Romania-Italy match. The interviewer - quite an attractive young lady - asked me in English about whether I lived in Basle and what I liked about the city. I'm afraid I wasn't exactly "plugged in" at the time and proceeded to give her some mindnumbingly boring spiel about it being nice place as it had a river, that it was easy to get from a to b and that it was just, er, lovely. Oh dear oh dear.. After giving this 30-second soundbite, I asked her and her two cameramen what channel they worked for. It's supposedly this one. I can't say I'd heard of it, but I'm no Portuguese television expert. I don't think my interview made the final cut on there anyway.

No comments: