Friday 12 October 2007

With the weather remaining somewhat placid this week, with overcast, misty mornings giving way to sunny, hazy autumn afternoons, I made the most of my remaining days off and went on a number of walks.
The first one was on Tuesday 9 October, from Bad Bellingen along the vineyards to Schliengen. After over an hour's walking, I ended up at the local wine cooperative, the Erste Markgräfler Winzergenossenschaft Schliengen-Müllheim, where I purchased a bottle of Pinot Noir which I tucked into later that evening (see photo below).

Incidentally, while I was on my way I also saw (and then - due to the hazy conditions - heard) an easyjet plane (probably the same one I took 24 hours earlier) banking north, west and then south again in the final run up to Basle's EuroAirport. It's strange that the plane has to virtually overrun its approach, enter German airspace and then do a loop like that to regain its correct approach angle. I also think I sound like a bit of an anorak.














No comments: