Sunday 17 June 2007

Art Basel

Spent a very enjoyable Saturday afternoon at Art Basel with colleague Andrea, her boyfriend David, plus their friend Anna from Spain. It's supposed to be the world's premier art fair, although I'd never considered going until this year. There was a lot see, and we could have easily stayed another few hours had the exhibition not closed at 7 p.m. Unfortunately cameras were "verboten" inside, but thanks to Andrea's handbag I managed to smuggle mine in and take a sly picture of some neon lights that reminded me of those French New Wave films of the 60s and 70s. Afterwards we adjourned to Bar Rouge at the top of the Messeturm for a drink and a chat.

Blimey, what with this and my recent trip to the Munch exhibition at the Fondation Beyeler, I fear I may be turning a bit arty.

























































































No comments: